We want to see freedom released, hope restored, and the resurrection life of God flowing in us, our families and in our communities.
Our message is one of *Freedom Hope Life* in JESUS CHRIST to all generations.
We are pursuing God and loving God no matter what else happens in life. God is our beginning and our end.
Freedom- 2 Corinthians 3:17
Hope- Isaiah 40:29-31 Jeremiah 29:11
Life- John 10:10
Who We Are
Brief history of COTM
Church on the Mountain is a non-denominational church that has been serving the Crowley, Bishop, Mammoth and June area for over 40 years. Additionally. We have a Christian School called Eastern Sierra Christian Academy, grades Kindergarten through eighth grade, and a retreat center called The Father’s Heart Lodge. We are actively involved in community outreach and world missions.
In the Fall of 1972 Albie and Helen Pearson joined a small band of disciples meeting at Fred and Pat Weisz's home in Mammoth Lakes, and later at Paul and Joyce Rowan's home in Crowley Lake, and the church was birthed. During those early years of Church on the Mountain, the harvest of The Jesus Movement of the early 70's was in full swing. Many young people came to faith during those years, and at last count over one hundred people, who trace their roots to Church on the Mountain, are now in full-time ministry. We are excited to see where God is taking the church now and into the future for generations to come.
What We Believe
- We believe that there is one living and true God, externally existing in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory; that this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all.
- We believe the scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the inspired and the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe in God the Father, an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, goodness, power and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer, and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, and teachings, His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people and personal, visible return to earth.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate believer’s in Jesus Christ and that he is an abiding Helper, Teacher, and Guide. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of all the Biblical gifts of the Spirit.
- We believe that all men are sinners by nature and choice and are therefore under condemnation, that God regenerates by the Holy Spirit, those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord; that Jesus Christ baptizes the seeking believer with the Holy Spirit and power for service, often subsequent to regeneration.
- We believe in the universal church, the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the Head and all regenerated persons are members.
- We believe in the personal, visible return of Christ to earth and the establishment of His Kingdom; in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous and endless suffering of the wicked.
- We believe that Jesus Christ committed two ordinances to the Church: water baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Both are available to all believers.
- We believe in what is termed ‘The Apostles’ Creed’ as embodying the fundamental facts of Christian faith.